When trying to validate your phone number, please follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Check that you have a working internet connection either via Wi-Fi, cellular data, 4G, or EDGE service. Please note that if you are roaming or if your number was recently ported, the phone validation may not work correctly.
- Make sure you entered your phone number correctly. This is very important!
- Select your country from the drop-down list.
- Enter your phone number in the designated box. Don’t put any extra 0s before your number!
- Confirm that the number you entered is correct or edit it if necessary.
- Wait for the validation code to arrive.
- Complete the validation.
If your phone number validation failed, follow these steps:
- Restart your phone.
- Delete and reinstall the latest WowApp version.
- Send a test SMS message from a phone number to the number you added to the WowApp validation screen, exactly as it appears inside WowApp (including the country code, too).
- How fast is your SMS service? If the SMS you sent yourself took a while to get to you, try to validate your number again and wait patiently (it may take up to 5 minutes for the SMS to arrive).
- If the timer runs out and verification fails, you will see an option to request a phone call.
- Select the Call Me option to request the call.
7. Wait a few seconds for your phone to ring. An automated voice will tell you the activation code as soon as you answer the call -> type in the validation code provided.
In some rare cases, you may have apps that prevent incoming calls and texts, so please try these steps to fix the issue:
- Disable any call-blocking features or apps.
- Check to see if you can receive phone calls.
- Disable any text message interceptors installed (such as: TextSecure or Handcent).
- Disable any task killers installed (for example: Advanced Task Killer).
Please Note: WowApp doesn’t support emulators or Android-based PCs (such as Bluestacks or Youwave). We can’t help you if you want to validate your phone number on one of these devices.
In case you tried all of the above steps and still couldn’t validate your phone number, send us an email to email@example.com. In the email, please include a detailed description with the steps you’ve done to ensure the phone number validation as well as the number you used.
Note: Due to security reasons, we can’t send you a validation code via email.
Note 2: If you want to use WowApp on a tablet, you will first need to validate it with a real phone number on your phone.