Were you on a call where you could not hear the other person? When that happens, there are a few things that you have to check in order to identify the problem: your internet connection, your hardware, Windows and WowApp settings.
Making sure your hardware is okay:
- Are your speakers and/or headsets plugged in?
- Make sure the Mute button on your device or headset is not accidentally pressed.
- Were you in a loud environment when you had the call? You might want to move to a quieter place so you can hear your friends better.
After checking all of the above and making sure everything is in order, please make a test call and see if you still have this problem.
Checking out your PC's Audio Settings
- Click on Start.
- Click on the Search bar and type in "sound".
- From the list of matches, click "Sound".
- From the Sound screen, select Playback.
- Select the device WowApp is using (for example "Headsets") and click to Set as Default if that's the device you are usually using.
- Then click on Properties -> and select Use this device (enable) from the Device Usage drop-down list.
- Then click on Levels and make sure your device is not on Mute and the volume to be high enough.
- When finished, click OK.
Is your PC using the correct microphone?
- From the Sound screen, click on the Recording tab.
- Then click on the microphone WowApp uses. Make sure it has a tick on it and if it doesn't have one, click on Set Default to enable it.
- Click on Properties -> select Use this device (enable) from the Device Usage drop-down list.
- Go to the Levels tab and increase the Microphone volume (it's recommended to set it to maximum).
- Also, make sure the Microphone Boost is set to minimum and click OK.
Note: To make sure your microphone is working properly, click on Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Sound Recorder.
This will display the Sound Recorder. Now try to record your voice and play it back to see if the microphone is working okay and make the necessary changes until you're satisfied with the results.
Checking that your WowApp settings are correct
- Login on WowApp.
- Then click on Tools -> Settings.
- Click on Audio and make sure that you have here the same devices as in your PC's Sound screen.
- Adjust the Microphone and Headsets/Speakers settings as desired.
- Play a test sound to make sure the device is working alright.
- When you are satisfied with the changes, click Save.